Tuesday, December 25, 2012

New York Fashion Week Designers dress Duchess Kate

Following on from yesterdays post about Duchess Kate's impact on New York fashion week. I saw an  amazing article in NY mag where top fashion designers are asked about Duchess Kate's fashion and which of there pieces they would ideally put her in. Each of these looks is simply gorgeous. I love the fact we are seeing clothes on the Runway that people can actually wear, all inspired by Kate! 


Designer Jason Wu said if he could dress Kate he would put her in his blue ball dress. 'I think Kate Middleton's so beautiful she could wear anything from S/S 2012 collection and look gorgeous.'. 



John Zee, Creative director of Elle said he prefers Kate to Pippa as he loves a Queen. Zee would love to see Kate in a YSL tuxedo. 'I think she would look fantastic in that'.


Stylist, Mary Alice Stephenson said 'I'd love to give Kate a little edge. I think she's so pretty, but I think she's dressing in a formal elegant way and they need a little youthquake. I'd love to see her in Alexander Wang in Ohne titel'.


Designer, Sally La Pointe would love to see Kate wear the finale look from her show. She thinks Kate is beautiful and classic.


Designer Richard Chai said 'She looks very proper. She's doing a very good job of looking a Royal. I'd love to see her wear something colourful and printed'.


Finally stylist and designer, Nicola Formichetti thinks Kate is 'very chic'. His ideal look for Kate is a Zara Rhodes caftan. I must say I'm not entirely sure about this look for the Duchess :)


What do you all think of these looks? It's interesting to see Kate in different styles, I think the Jason Wu blue dress and the YSL tuxedo suit are absolutely stunning and would look amazing on Kate. I think Duchess Kate will experiment with more designers as time progesses and we may see her outfits like these in the future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment