Thursday, September 6, 2012

New photos of Kate getting her hair done and William reveals his wish to postpone becoming a full time royal

Duchess Kate has been keeping a very low profile recently, but we are being spoilt with sightings this week. First it was announced William and Kate will open a children's cancer center on Thursday, then the photo's of the wedding and now photo's of Kate getting her hair done last Friday have emerged. Wearing a white sweater black jeans teamed with her Mulberry bag and knee high flat black suede boots (Yes the boots are back :)) Duchess Kate appeared happy and smiling as she left the salon.




Many of you mentioned you were surprised Kate spent four hours in Richard Ward's Chelsea salon. A source said "Kate goes in for a long appointment about every eight weeks. She loves her time there and has known everyone there for years so it's really relaxing for her".
Here is a sneak peak at the process............




In other Kate news
Vogue editor Anna Wintour has been campaigning to land Duchess Kate for the cover of Vogue. She has spoken to royal photographer Mario Testino in an effort to persuade Kate. A source said


A mockup I made
 'Anna has been speaking to Mario about winning over Kate. She is really pressing him to shoot Kate for the cover. Every magazine has been trying to get Kate, and many assume it will eventually be Vogue. But even with the Mario Testino relationship it is not clear if it will happen. The palace have to approve it and they are very protective of Kate'.

However Anna will be disappointed as the Palace are having none of it :) St James's palace have announced Kate has absolutely no plans to appear on the cover despite rumours in the U.S. I am not surprised to be honest, While Diana appeared on the cover of Vogue as a young royal, I do not think Kate wishes to go down that road. In the meantime I made a mockup of a possible Kate cover! 


Prince William gave a rare, exclusive interview to journalist Robert Hardman about the Queen, his wedding to Kate and plans for the future. William began by describing his feelings while planning the wedding.

"I came into the first meeting for the wedding, post engagement. And I was given the list of 777 names, dignitaries, governors, all sorts of people. Not one person I knew. They said these are the people we should invite. I looked at it in absolute horror and said I think we should start again".



The next day William rang the Queen for advice and she told him you start by inviting friends and then take it from there. William jokingly mentions how he wanted to choose what to wear for the wedding but was politely told his clothing for the day was non negotiable. Prince William holds great affection and love for his grandmother. 'I always say to people she is my grandmother first. As I've got older she has become more important to me'. He said both he and Kate drew inspiration from her majesty on their visit to Canada.


William and Kate were expected to become full time royals in about twenty months time. However this interview has put that into question. The Queen is reportedly supportive of William extending his time with the RAF there is even talk of a tour of Afghanistan. This would certainly be difficult for Kate to be separated from her husband for extended periods of time. I get the impression they simply love the anonymity being in Anglesey gives them and are eager to postpone becoming full time royals for a while. I think they should be allowed a little extra time to enjoy what they have.
When asked about his future as a full time royal. William simply replies "I try not to think about it to be honest. As I'm flying along in my helicopter through the mountains of Wales, I try desperately hard not to think about it. That can wait until I'm a bit older".

Sources (Daily Mail, What Kate Wore Facebook Page, Royal Reporter Via Twitter, US Weekly,)

0 comments:

Post a Comment